President Carlos Varela brings 36 years of experience as a senior executive in the Venezuelan mining industry.
A mining engineer by profession, Carlos has considerable skills in all facets of a mining organization including operational support, technical expertise, administration and human resource management.
- Strongly oriented to analyze and optimize earth moving operations.
- Responsible for the planning and production for a 3 MMT/yr iron ore mine.
- Responsible for the planning and production for coal mines, 1–5 MMT/yr.
- 6 years experience as mine manager and general manager for coal mines.
- 9 years experience as an assistant professor in the Department of Mining Engineering of the Central University of Venezuela.
- Chief tunnel inspector in the construction of Line 1 of the Caracas subway system.